Health Savings Account
I want to take control of my healthcare savings
Commercial Bank of Texas wants to help the millions of Americans eligible to contribute to a health savings account take full advantage of the numerous benefits HSAs offer. Drop by or give us a call and a CBTx personal banker will see if you can start saving now with a CBTx Health Savings Account. If you have questions, we will help you every step of the way.
What is a HSA?
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-exempt trust or custodial account established exclusively for the purpose of paying or reimbursing qualified medical expenses of you, your spouse and your dependents.
Do you qualify for an HSA?
You are eligible for a regular Health Savings Account (HAS) contribution if, with respect to any month, you:
- Are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) on the first day of such month
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on another individual’s tax return
- Are not also covered by any other health plan that is not an HDHP (with certain exceptions for plans providing preventive care and limited types of permitted insurance and permitted coverage)
- Are not enrolled in Medicare
Included with a CBTx Health Savings Account:
- Free CBTx Online Banking
- Free CBTx Debit Card
- Free eStatements available
- Earn interest if you keep a balance of at least $2,500
- Free CBTx Mobile Banking – Text. Web. App.
- Unlimited transactions
- Funds are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum amount permitted by law
What do I need to open an HSA account?
Ready to open an account? Here are a few things to have handy:
- Your Social Security Number or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- A US government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, State or Military ID)
- A credit or debit card or U.S. checking or savings account to fund your new account
- Minimum to open is $50
- Maintenance fee of $5 per Statement Cycle