If you are concerned about the recent Equifax Breach that has received news coverage, we are encouraging our customers to visit the two following resources:
1) Equifax is updating this webpage with important consumer information regarding the breach and how you can protect your credit.
2) The Federal Trade Commission is offering steps consumers can take to help protect their information from being misused.
Privacy and Security Statement
CBTx endeavors to protect the privacy and the confidentiality of customer information, including nonpublic personal information.
Recognition of a customers' expectation of privacy.
Commercial Bank of Texas, N.A. recognizes our current and former customers' right of privacy and the importance of safeguarding nonpublic personal information ("Private Information"). Private Information is vital to our ability to provide customers with quality service. We collect, use and retain Private Information regarding our customers and former customers for purposes we believe beneficial in developing and providing services and products, or to meet the requirements of law. We think it is important for you to be informed of the policies we have in place to safeguard your privacy:
We do not sell customer information.
We collect Private Information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from applications or when you visit us in person, over the phone, through our website or correspond with us by mail;
- Information we receive from your Internet browser when you visit our website;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
- Information we receive from consumer-reporting agencies and other non-affiliated third parties.
We may disclose the Private Information we collect on customers and former customers, as described above, to:
- Companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements;
- Companies that perform services on our behalf that have contractually agreed use the information only for its intended purpose and to keep such information confidential; and
- Other non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Restriction on the disclosure of Private Information to parties other than Commercial Bank of Texas, N.A. or its affiliated companies:
Except as authorized by law, CBTx will not disclose or share customer information, including Private Information, to any other organization or third party that is not an affiliate of CBTx, unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosure agreements, have been authorized by the customer to release information, or are authorized or required by the law to release the information.
Maintaining customer privacy in business relationships with other companies:
From time to time, CBTx may contract with outside vendors and other businesses to perform specific services in support of the Bank's products. An example of this is the printing of customer checks. We will ask that the vendors and other businesses adhere to strict privacy guidelines that provide for keeping such information confidential.
Maintenance of accurate customer information:
CBTx has procedures in place designed to maintain the accuracy of customer information and to respond timely to requests regarding inaccurate information. Inaccurate information should be reported to CBTx Customer Service immediately (800) 723-7601, 936-715-4100, or e-mail us at email@example.com. Should CBTx become aware of any inaccuracies in our records, we will take prompt steps to make the appropriate corrections.
Employees access to information and use of customer information.
Generally, CBTx policies and procedures restrict employee access to customer information to those employees to have a business reason to know. CBTx employees are trained in procedures designed to protect and maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
When you visit our website to view pages, read product information, or use our online calculators and tools, you may do so without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. CBTx may use software to collect non-identifying information for the purpose of tracking activity on our site. This allows us to better understand how many people use our site and which pages and features are most popular. The information we normally collect and store is:
- Date and time the web site was accessed.
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address or the proxy address of your Internet service provider.
- The resource accessed as a result of the request, such as the Webpages, image, etc.
- The name and version of your web browser.
- The uniform resource locator (URL) that was accessed before the user made a request for CBTx's web server. The URL may be an outside address that is not related to the CBTx server.
- Other status codes and values resulting from the web server responding to the request received: such as; http status code, windows NT code, number of bites sent, number of bites received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, and protocol version.
CBTx uses this information to create summary statistics and to determine the level of interest in information available on our site. Some areas of our web site may use "cookies" stored in your computer, to allow the web server to log the pages used within the site and to determine if the user has visited the site before. The CBTx web server uses this information to provide certain features during the consumer's visit to our web site. The user can set their browsers to warn when placement of a cookie is requested, and to decide whether or not to accept it. Some of the features normally available on our site may not function properly if a cookie is not accepted.
CBTx uses the information we collect for internal administrative purposes, to measure the volume of requests for specific web site pages, to assist in maintaining web site security, and to continually improve the CBTx Internet site so that it is responsive to the needs of the users. Your choice to use the CBTx web site will be considered the consent of the user for CBTx to use the information collected.
CBTx may share non-experience information about consumers with CBTx's affiliates, usually for marketing or cross selling purposes. "Non-experience information" includes information beyond specific transactions or experience the bank has had with the consumer, such as information furnished on applications for a loans, deposit or investment accounts, or information obtained from a credit report. If you prefer CBTx not share such information with our affiliates, you may opt out of such disclosures by calling us toll free at (800) 723-7601, attention Customer Service. Your choice will apply to any joint account holders.
Our website is not targeted or marketed to children.